Monday 19 November 2007

My weekend

My husband Paul and I had a lovely relaxing weekend. It was really nice as we have been really busy and have quite a lot of plans before Christmas. On Friday I made a lovely meal of sage roasted chicken with goats cheese gnocchi. Its a Tony Tobin recipe that I got from the BBC food site. I've never made gnocchi before but it was absolutely scrummy and I'll definately be making it again.

On Saturday we had a lazy morning at home and then walked into town in the afternoon and went to the cinema. We saw American Gangster which stars Russell Crowe and Denzil Washington. It was really good. After the cinema we had a wander around the shops and I found a fabulous new cook shop that has just opened. I dragged Paul in and could have spent ages looking at everything but Paul isn't very impressed with shopping. I spent a good few minutes drooling over the KitchenAid mixers that I am lusting after. They had loads of fabulous gadgets and gizmo's as well as lots of ideas for gifts. I will definately be going back soon but will leave Paul at home next time. You can buy online here as well: http://www.steamer.co.uk/index.php?pageid=home_page

On Sunday we saw Pauls parents. They had invited us for dinner and so we had a lovely meal of roast beef and yorkshire pudding followed by apple and blackberry crumble.

No comments: