Thursday 15 November 2007

Mustard Pork Chops



I made mustard pork chops for dinner last night. Its a Nigella Lawson recipe from her new book Nigella Express. I really like her recipes but this is only the second one I have tried from this book. I served it with creamy mashed potatos and some steamed veg. In the book it says to serve with gnocchi which I think would be lovely but that isn't something I've made before. I think I might try it next time or when I have a bit more time. The pork chops were lovely and its a pretty quick recipe to do in the evenings when I get home from work. Even my other half Paul liked them. I told him to tell me if he didn't like them otherwise it will serve him right if I dish them up again. I used wholegrain mustard as it says in the recipe but I think it would be just as nice with a different type such as dijon.

Mustard Pork Chops - Serves 2

2 Pork Chops
2 teaspoons of garlic oil
125ml cider
1 tablespoon of grainy mustar
75ml double cream

1. Cut the fat and rind of the chops, then bash them briefly with a rolling pin between two pieces of clingfilm. This will make them a bit thinner so they cook quicker.
2. Heat the oil in heavy based pan and cook the chops over a moderately high heat for about five minutes on each side. Remove them to a warmed plate.
3. Pour the cider into the pan, still over the heat, to deglaze the pan. Let it bubble away for a minute or so then add the mustard and stir in the cream.
4. Let the sauce continue cooking for a few minutes before pouring over each plated pork chop.

No comments: