Tuesday 27 November 2007

Cheesecake and Chocolate


My husbands parents came round for dinner at the weekend. For the main course I made the mustard pork chops from Nigella Express. I had made them a while ago for the two of us and told my mother in law about them. She said how nice they sounded so I invited them round cooked them for her. I got some lovely pork chops from our butcher and served them with some homemade gnocchi. They were really rather nice if I do say so myself.
I wasn't sure what to make for dessert. There are so many lovely things I could have made but in the end I settled for a cheesecake. It is absolutely delicious and my husband thought it was scrummy. It is ever so easy to make but does take several hours to set in the fridge. I made it the night before and popped it the fridge ready for dinner the next day. It is made with a combination of double cream and creme fraiche along with rather a lot of chocolate. Just try not to think about how many calories there must be when you tuck into a slice.
White Chocolate and Bailey's Cheesecake
8 oz Digestive Biscuits or Chocolate hob nobs
4oz softened butter
400g Good White Chocolate – I used Green and Blacks
5 Tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Cream – Some of the supermarkets do their own version too.
500g Tub Crème Fraiche
142ml tub Double Cream
Crush the biscuits and then add the softened butter. Press into a loose bottom cake tin and put in the fridge. Melt the white chocolate in a bowl, either in the microwave or over a pan of simmering water. Whip the cream but ensure that it isn't too stiff. Fold the crème fraiche and the whipped cream into the melted chocolate. Add the Bailey’s to the mixture. Taste and add more Bailey’s if you want it a bit stonger. Pour the chocolate mixture over the base. Decorate with a little grated chocolate. Chill in the fridge overnight.

1 comment:

hungryandfrozen said...

This looks seriously delicious, Teresa! Only just realised you had a blog, am having great fun reading through it.

Laura :)