Monday 21 April 2008

Butterscotch Blondies

Over on Violets Pantry we have been set another challenge. This time the challenge was set by the lovely George whose blog Culinary Travels of a Kitchen Goddess is just wonderful and well worth a read. Each fortnight one of the members sets a new challenge and gives us a choice of three recipes to try.

George chose three delicious sounding recipes for the challenge and I struggled to decide which one to make first as they all sound wonderul. In the end I chose the butterscotch blondies much to my husbands delight.

I often make chocolate brownies but have never made blondies before. With all the butterscotch, white chocolate and caramel in the recipe I did think they might be a little bit sickly but oh my they were just amazing. I had never seen butterscotch chips anywhere but George pointed me in the direction of an online auction site where I managed to get some and they were even delivered the next day.

These blondies were delicious. I wasn't even able to let them cool down before I had to try them. The gave off a wonderful aroma while they were cooking and my kitchen smelt delightful. These were absolutely lovely just as they are but were also wonderful with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. They didn't last long at all and everytime I went into the kitchen I ended up having a little bit more.

Thank you so much George for this wonderful recipe. I'll definately be making these again. George has the recipe on her blog so go along and take a peek if you want to try these. I'd heartily recommend them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Teresa. I'm so glad you enjoyed them.

hungryandfrozen said...

They sound so delicious - I remember drooling over the recipe on George's blog too! I wish we could get butterscotch chips here :( they sound like the sort of thing I could demolish a packet of! :)

Rhyleysgranny said...

Goodness Teresa mine are taking two weeks to come. I must be in the wrong place. I am so looking forward to making these too
xxx

Rosie said...

Oh my goodness Teresa they sound SO delicious!!

Great blog Teresa I have added your site link to my blogroll :)

Rosie x

Anna's kitchen table said...

They sound amazing!
I'm assuming everyone scoffed them down before you had a chance to take a pic? :-) :-)

xx