Small yet perfectly formed, who can resist a tempting little treat of a cupcake. These little cakes are adored by both children and adults. I love making cupcakes and trying out different combinations and decorations. Whether they are topped with sugar flowers or chocolate curls, I believe that there is a cupcake for every occasion.
These chocolate chip cupcakes are a tried and tested recipe in my kitchen. I have lost count of the amount of times I have baked these so thought it was about time I blogged about them. For a really intense chocolate hit, I decorate them with melted chocolate or chocolate fudge icing. Today though I decided to leave them plain and enjoy them just as they are.
This reicpe makes 12 cupcakes.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 100g self raising flour
- 00g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas Mark 5.
- Put 12 cake cases in a cake tray.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat in.
- Fold in the flour
- Finally stir in the chocolate chips and then divide the mixture between the cake cases.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place the cakes in a rack to cool.